|Children in Scotland in partnership with LGBT Youth Scotland
An equal future?
Scotland’s next steps for including LGBT children and young people
Thursday, 1 February 2018 – Edinburgh
LGBT Youth Scotland is pleased to announce our up and coming conference delivered in partnership with Children in Scotland . We have curated and exciting programme, which aims to raise awareness of LGBT equality issues in the children’s sector and equip you with the skills and understanding you need to support the lives of LGBT children and young people.
Keynote speakers include:
- Brandi Lee Lough Dennell (LGBT Youth Scotland), who will launch and outline the findings of LGBT Youth Scotland’s research Life in Scotland for LGBT Young People.
- Megan McIntyre (Year of Young People 2018 Representative), who will bring the research findings to life and facilitate a discussion for young people to share their experiences of growing up in Scotland.
- Gender identity in early and primary years: This session will explore real life case studies and scenarios from children and families with transgender or ‘gender non-confirming’ children, and will identify best practice in supporting children in challenging gender stereotypes at an early age.
- LGBT young people and mental health: Facilitated by young people and youth workers, this workshop will discuss the factors that may contribute to LGBT young people’s poor mental health and highlight young people’s rights in relation to mental health support.
- Inclusive play, activity and sport for LGBT children and young people: This workshop will consider principles and good practice examples for creating inclusive experiences for LGBT young people feeling locked out of sport and physical activity.
Cost to attend
– From £89 for Children in Scotland members; from £109 for non-members.
– LGBT Charter Clients will receive the same discount at Children in Scotland members. To receive this discounted rate provide them with the code LGBTCharter18.
– Please note all schools are classed as ‘small organisations’.
How to book a place
By calling Children in Scotland on 0131 313 8828
By emailing email@example.com
Online – Only members of Children in Scotland can receive a discount using the on-line system
The conference kicks off LGBT History Month 2018 and supports the Year of Young People 2018.
LGBT Youth Scotland and Children in Scotland have joined together for this event because of the shared belief that all children and young people deserve to grow, learn and develop in inclusive and supportive environments, free from intolerance and discrimination.