Latest news from Volunteer Scotland Disclosure Services
Help us to help you
We want to help you make your recruitment process as quick and easy as we can. In order to reduce the chance of any delays in processing your disclosures please:
- Remember to send application forms to us and not Disclosure Scotland. Forms which are sent directly to Disclosure Scotland will not have been countersigned by us and will not be processed. Disclosure Scotland scan all applications they receive and then destroy them and if your form is destroyed, you will need to ask the applicant to complete another
- If you are including additional information with your application form please ensure an A4 piece of paper is used. Anything smaller or post-it-notes will not be accepted
- If you have ticked B7 on an existing member form (changes to your personal details), please ensure you tell us what the change is on an additional piece of A4 paper
- Where a provisional driving licence is used as proof of identification, please cross ‘driving licence with photograph’ in E7, ensure the driver number is provided in section B29 and the country of issue in B30. A provisional driving licence should be treated in the same way as a full driving licence
Removal of individuals
Are there individuals in your organisation who are no longer in regulated work with children or protected adults?
If there are, please complete the attached template and return it via email to DSupdate@disclosurescotland.gsi.gov.uk Disclosure Scotland will remove your organisation as an interested party, from the individuals account and going forward you will not be notified if the individual is placed under consideration for listing or is barred from the relevant regulated work group.
Coming soon on video
We are currently creating online videos to help you with completing your application forms. This will be in addition to the existing guidance already available. More information to follow!
Our world in numbers – Quarter 1 of 17/18
- Applications handled 17,510
- New organisations enrolled 49
- Support Visits 32
- Training sessions 31