FREE Volunteer Scotland Disclosure Service, Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Training and Information Event
UPDATE: THIS TRAINING IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
Date : Monday 18 June 2018
Time: 10:30 till 1pm
Venue : Dundee Voluntary Action, Number Ten,10 Constitution Road,Dundee, DD1 1LL
The Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme was introduced in 2011 to ensure that those working with vulnerable groups do not have a history of harmful behaviour. This session will allow you to have a clear understanding of,
- Who requires to be PVG checked, and who does not, by developing an understanding of what the criteria are in relation to undertaking PVG checks within your own organisation.
- We’ll also look at the different forms that are used within the scheme
- What information you can receive back about someone you have submitted a disclosure check for
- Your legal requirement as an organisation to refer individuals to the PVG scheme barring lists.
- A look at the most common errors made on disclosure applications
There is also the opportunity for you to ask any other relevant PVG related questions.
Volunteer Scotland Disclosure Services are funded by Disclosure Scotland and the Scottish Government to process the disclosure checks for the voluntary sector in Scotland. This session is suitable for anyone who is about to become a signatory for an organisation, for those who are already a signatory but who would like a refresher of the current disclosure system or for groups that are unsure as to whether or not they need to complete disclosure applications.