Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS)- Eating Well for Older People
REHIS Eating Well for Oder People Training Opportunity
19 March 2018, 23 April 2018, 29 May 2018, 27 June 2018
9-4-30pm,Seminar Room, Kings Cross Hospital
Seminar Room, Kings Cross Hospital
Who is this training for?
This training is for anyone who:
Would like to deliver nutrition awareness sessions to staff, carers, volunteers or individuals
- Is working with older people in the community and has an interest in nutrition.
Aim: The aim of the course is to:
Provide participants with the knowledge and appreciation of the importance of nutrition and health for older people and how to support them to eat well.
- What’s a balanced diet – does it change for older people?
- What are influences and barriers which affect food choice
- Causes, signs, symptoms and health risks of malnutrition and dehydration
- Practical guidance about how to support older people to eat well
- Information about what’s available in Dundee
- Tools and ideas about how to deliver an awareness session about Eating Well for Older People.
The day will be interactive and include lots of activities to help with learning such as case studies, nutrition games and using the Eatwell Guide resources.
How much does it cost?
- We are delighted that there is currently funding available to run this course free of charge.
If you would like to attend please complete the attached application form.