Voluntary Sector Vacancies: Includem- Sessional Mentors
Sessional Mentors : Dundee
£9.22 per hour
At Includem we remain solely focused on delivering better outcomes for the most vulnerable and challenging young people in society. Our 1:1 support at the times of need helps young people, and their parents and carers, make positive changes to their attitudes, behaviours and relationships.
We are looking for Sessional Mentors to work on a flexible basis, including weekends and evenings, to cover our services in Dundee.
Sessional Mentors are required to work flexibly as part of a team in line with the Includem Model of support. This involves supporting vulnerable Young People who may place themselves at risk or are excluded from their community. The role involves working with Young People in the community on a 1:1 basis and to support the team to deliver the service. You must be able to communicate, and professionally record front-line activity using Includem’s Information System. A robust training and induction programme will be offered.
It is essential that you can drive and have access to your own vehicle for work purposes and are covered for business insurance purposes.
If you are interested in joining our team we are looking or people who:
- committed to young people
- can work flexibly to meet the demands of the service, particularly weekend and evening work
- develop safe, professional and committed relationships with young people and families
- use their communication skills effectively to influence positive change and provide safe, risk enabled, professional outcomes based support
- can commit to the young people
- can attend monthly mentor meetings and training
- have experienced in working with vulnerable people, ideally in the Social Care sector
- can demonstrate that you can effectively engage with Young People and their families
- can work effectively with other professional workers
- are IT Literate