Voluntary Sector Vacancies: Salvation Army- Assistant Support Worker
Assistant Support Worker
Burnside Mill Lifehouse – Dundee, DD1 5BA
Salary: £15,597 per annum
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Details: Permanent position
Benefits: 25 days annual leave and bank holidays (Pro rata for part-time); a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan; Childcare Voucher Scheme; an employee assistance programme.
The role of is an inspirational one and key to achieving successful outcomes for clients. Motivated and dynamic you will be responsible for assisting with delivering a high quality programme of support which promotes client choice and control. You will address clients support needs, enable them to make positive life choices and ultimately empower them to lead more sustainable lifestyles. You will also complete day to day activities including administration tasks and reception duties to support the successful operation of the Lifehouse.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Carrying out any client checks and assist with implementing risk assessments where required.
- Maintaining and developing day to day office duties and provide administrative support
- Working as part of the Support Team to assist with sourcing and facilitating planned move on options for clients where appropriate.
- Developing competencies in administration, decision making, team work, IT, communication, case support, motivation, listening, and interpersonal skills
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Good customer services skills.
- The ability to prioritise their own work load.
- Proficiency in a range of IT packages including Microsoft.
- Knowledge of the main support needs which are commonly faced by homeless and vulnerable clients.
Appointment subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK and a satisfactory PVG Scheme disclosure check. Please note that you will be required to pay either for a new PVG Scheme Membership application (£59.00) or for the Scheme Record Update fee (£18.00) if you are already a member of the PVG Scheme.
For further details and to apply please visit The Salvation Army’s website:
Closing date: Sunday 4th February 2018
Interview date: Tuesday 13th February 2018