Child Protection and Disability Manager Course- 4th June or 3rd Sept 2018
Child Protection and Disability Manager Course
4 June 1.30-3.30pm or 3 Sept 10-12pm
All held @ Dudhope Castle
How To Book
If you have any queries regarding this workshop or would like to book a place please contact the Dundee City Council Learning and Organisational Development Service
firstname.lastname@example.org 01382 307511
ALL PARTICIPANTS SHOULD UNDERTAKE THE CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES ELEARNING MODULE PRIOR TO ATTENDING.
Please Email Nicola.email@example.com to get an E learning sign in
Who is this learning opportunity for?
This workshop is aimed at managers from a broad range of professionals and volunteers working with children and young people with disabilities, these include; managers of children and family workers, health visitors, teachers, youth workers, students and the voluntary sector.
Course structure and content
This is a half day workshop delivered by Dundee City Council Learning and Organisational Development Service and Children Services.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the risks of abuse to children with disabilities and why there may be under-reporting of it
- Understand the effects of discrimination and the attitudes and beliefs of wider society regarding disability
- Appreciate the impact of disability on other family members
- Understand the application of legislation
- Reflect on their role as managers in directing and supporting joint work with families and supervising practice in which children and/or parents who have a disability.