Effectiveness of GPs’ websites in Dundee
The TEC Project carried out a brief survey of GPs’ websites in Dundee. This follows some earlier work which showed that GP Practices’ websites varied greatly in usefulness.
The new survey showed that GPS websites in Dundee are all up to a good standard. Some carry extensive local information, most make good use of new online opportunities for ordering repeat prescriptions and a small number, like Tay Court, are offering online appointment booking.
Most provide only a cut down version of their sites for mobile devices, but a small number display very well on these. Some are using an up to date version of My Surgery Website, which is mobile responsive.
Many rely on UK information rather than NHS Inform, which is specifically tailored to Scotland. Some have excellent local information, but two provide only phone numbers for local services, not websites.
NHS 24 is now working on a new template website for Scottish GPs. More news of that in mid 2019.
The Dundee breakdown is …
- Four were fully responsive for mobile devices
- Sixteen were partly responsive
- Two were not mobile responsive
- Seven used online appointment cancelling and/or booking
- Fifteen did not offer online booking/cancelling
- Twenty offer online repeat prescriptions
- Two do not offer online repeat prescriptions
- Eleven include NHS Inform in useful information
- Eleven did not
More information from Jimmy Black, TEC Communications Officer, at Dundee Voluntary Action.