We have arranged two sessions of a Falls Prevention Roadshow to take place in Broughty Ferry and Barnhill and if successful hope to roll these out to other areas of the city.
The events will take place on Wednesday 3rd October in St Aiden’s Church Hall at 10.30am to 1pm and on Wednesday 24th October in Barnhill St Margaret’s Church Hall at 11am to 1.30pm.
The Falls Prevention talk will last approximately 1 hour and then there will be an opportunity for you to speak to a range of providers and services related to falls. In addition, we will have free hearing checks provided by Action on Hearing Loss.
The talk will be made up of:
1. Introduction – Nicola Mitchell, Older Peoples Services Development Officer
2. Setting the Scene: preventative measures i.e. sloppy slippers, exercise and activities and how to get up safely – Mascha Tauro, Physiotherapist
3. Head to Toe MOT – this will look at the physical issues that can affect your balance – Susan Dye, Community Health Nurse
4. Home Environment: how to make your living area safer – Laura McDermott, Home Safety Officer
5. HOPE (Helping Older People Engage) – What HOPE can do for you? – Dawn Balfour, HOPE Team
6 .Home Safety Bingo
Following the talk, we have invited organisations connected to the prevention of falling to attend with leaflets on an information stall but who will also speak to attendees on an individual basis if required, including Trusted Trader, Food Train, Scottish Fire and Rescue and Community Dieticians amongst others.
This event is free and open to all. There is no need to book, but if you require transport or would like to have an event in your area, then please get in touch with email@example.com or tel 01382 305745.