Voluntary Sector Vacancies: Dundee Women’s Aid- Prevention Worker
Job Title: Prevention Worker
Accountable to: CYP Services Manager
Other: Working occasional evenings and weekends.
PURPOSE OF THE POST
You will undertake preventative work that helps tackle the root cause of domestic abuse through changing perceptions and attitudes towards domestic abuse. You will also provide the highest possible standard of service to women, children and young people.
- To promote the work of DWA in the local and wider community
- To support the CYP Services Manager, CEO and colleagues in achieving team and DWA objectives and in identifying areas for improvement
- Services to Women, Children and Young People
- Contribute to the development, delivery and evaluation of preventative work, within youth settings and the wider community.
- Further develop educational pack to link in with the curriculum for excellence and build up liaisons with schools and community groups.
- Further develop, deliver & evaluate age-appropriate prevention workshops that raise awareness of domestic abuse within education and community settings
- Develop, deliver & evaluate training programmes that will enable other practitioners to respond to the needs of women, children & young people experiencing domestic abuse.
- Build on and extend effective working relationships within educational and youth settings.
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation and working practices
- Help raise awareness of domestic abuse within the local and wider community
- Help develop positive working relationships with key partner agencies and stakeholders in pursuit of C&YP objectives.
- Support the promotion of DWA’s public and media profile.
- Attend appropriate meetings and events on behalf of DWA.
Women only need apply under Schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010
The successful candidates will be required to join the PVG scheme
Dundee Women’s Aid positively welcomes applications from women within all sections of the community.
Should you wish receipt of your application to be acknowledged, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope with your returned application form (or ask for an email acknowledgement). Please note, all applications and relevant recruitment documents will be held confidentially and destroyed after 6 months, apart from documents relating to the successful applicant.
The closing date for applications is 9:30am on Monday 29th October 2018.
If we have not contacted you by Monday 5th November 2018, regretfully your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Interviews are expected to be held on Thursday 8th November 2018.