Voluntary Sector Vacancies: The Speech Language Communication Company
This role requires the ability to work independently to achieve agreed objectives. The head office team works closely together to maximise the impact of this small organisation across Scotland.
This position will be best suited to someone who sees this as an exciting challenge and does not need a highly structured framework to manage their own work effectively. You will be dynamic, self-regulating, ready for a stimulating, fast-paced environment, a self-starter and ambitious. The ability to lend your hand to multiple streams of charity fundraising will be am advantage.
Previous experience is necessary and clear demonstration of previous work and performance will be required.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
• Self starter with excellent time management skills.
• Experience of working in or with the voluntary or community education sector.
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to self regulate work and set and deliver on targets
• Familiar with strategic and fund raising strategies.
• An understanding of the role of the Third Sector.
• Ability to work on your own initiative.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience of using digital technology
• Proficient in MS Office Suite and cloud-based software
• An understanding of the framework for additional support for learning and additional support needs in Scotland.
• Knowledge of speech and language impairments.
• A qualification in a field related to fundraising services
• An understanding of social media platforms and web-based fundraising
Term of appointment: as determined by performance and available funds
Location: Dundee home based; some office based work required.
Hours per week: Variable hours; possibly freelance
Salary/terms: Negotiable – depends on skills and experience.
OPEN APPLICATION PROCESS – no deadline
Interviews will be held in Dundee. Start date: as soon as possible
To apply for this position please submit an application form (please contact us via email to request a pack) AND a cover letter clearly demonstrating how your skills, knowledge and experience can meet the requirements of the job and what you can bring to the team. Please note if you do not provide a cover letter your application will be rejected. If you don’t quite meet all the requirements but feel you are the person for the job, please tell us why! Please also indicate your availability for interview within the next 4 weeks. N.B. We cannot reimburse travel costs.
SLCo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. SLCO is a Mindful Employer® and a Living Wage Employer.
For more information please contact Arianna Patterson Executive Director: Tel 01382 202644 or email: email@example.com mob: 07580022151
Web, Social Media and Marketing Assistant
SLCo is seeking a dynamic and ambitious Web, Social Media and Marketing Assistant responsible for maintaining our website content, providing input and implementing the SLCO’s social media strategy, developing brand awareness, generating content and promoting campaigns/ events to deliver impactful social and PR value. You will work closely with the small head office team and link with satellite staff supporting SLCo’s programmes across Scotland. You will also be responsible for identifying and engaging with new ambassadors and actively promote our work.
Responsibilities are likely to include:
• Develop strategic communications planning for promotion of SLCo’s work
• Develop strategy to increase engagement online, including with fundraising campaigns
• Improve web communication, including on the website, to optimise for SEO and keyword searching
• Generate interaction and engagement opportunities through building an intelligent interface with our target audiences
• Create advertising and promotional campaigns for target audiences via online and social media platforms
• Assist with promotion and development of the SLCo brand online in line with our Marketing Strategy
• Maintain and promote social media profiles and create and update fresh, relevant content on Facebook, Twitter, et al
• Research and draft communications for all digital communication streams
• Manage email campaigns to target audience groups
• Managing social media campaigns and running day-to-day social media activity
• Managing content calendars
• Ensure social media tools are kept up to date
• Develop a Blogger/ Ambassador outreach programme helping identify active ambassadors
• Manage Google Adwords campaigns
• Collaboration on setting key performance indicators to measure success of social media campaigns across all platforms
• Feedback insights gained from social media monitoring
• Develop campaign sponsorship with external agencies
• Analyse trends in social media applications
• Develop newsletter content and graphics
• Making use of Infographics to convey key messages
• Assist with Conferences/ Training/ Events opportunities and campaigns
• Research editing website content with up to date information
Key Skills and Requirements:
• Qualifications and/or experience in Marketing, Communications, Business or similar
experience managing social media campaigns for brands or non-profits
• Excellent organisation and project management skills
• Working knowledge of WordPress management, Mailchimp newsletter creation, and SEO optimisation