Young Start fund relaunched on Thursday 30th August
The aim of the fund has remained similar: we will continue to fund activity that helps children and young people aged between eight and 24 years of age to be more confident and play an active part in realising their own potential. Here’s some key points:
– Amounts: now £10k up to £100k
– Length: now up to 3 years
– Outcomes: The fund will support work where children and young people:
- have better physical, mental and emotional well-being
- have better connections with the wider community
- get access to new skills and training opportunities which will help them get a new job or start a business
– Eligibility: only voluntary and community sector orgs (not schools, public sector or individuals).
– How to apply: informal chat with us before giving out application forms. From 30th August, groups can get in touch by calling 0300 123 7110 or emailing email@example.com (or through an existing contact if they have one).
– Approaches: we want to fund work that is people-led, strength-based and connected – particularly being led by young people, tapping into their strengths and interests, and fitting in well with other provision and skills/assets locally.